Tuesday 11 December 2012

Oh why me?


Everyone at our office was excited with the news that we were moving to bigger facilities.  We had been cramped and running out of space for almost a year.  So there was a lot of anticipation when we were advised that a trip to the new office was planned for the next week.

Well the day of the tour arrived and the staff were provided with a bus to visit our new location.  As we explored the new building, we were sure this would be a great new site with plenty of room for all the files and furniture.  The group returned home to the current office and I was called into my manager’s office.

I figured we were going to start the floor plan for our new offices.  I was right, but he also had something else for me.  He wanted me to call the moving companies in Vancouver and get estimates to move our company.  My excitement about the move evaporated quickly.  Why me?   I don’t know anything about moving an office or which moving company in Vancouver would meet our requirements.

After speaking with a number of companies, I reached Action Movers and my search was over. I felt better already because I knew I had found the right moving company in Vancouver.  They arranged to visit our current office as well as our new location so they could understand our needs and give us a comprehensive quote for the office move.  All of a sudden, I felt much better about this assignment.  I knew Action Movers were the right choice and I was right.  Our move went smoothly and right on schedule.

I’m not telling my manager how easy Action Movers made my job of arranging the move.  I will just let him think I’m a genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment